Dance Like Everyone is Watching



Dancing at the gym is a gift. It is one that I have given myself as a reward for no longer being bedridden. . I have worked hard at it. I do not reward myself with a cake, candy or any food. I reward myself with dance and sometimes a good racquetball game.

I am sure it is frowned upon by some of my more traditional gym mates, but it is seriously part of my daily routine. Dancing was one of the things I missed most  while laid up in bed all those years, (as well as racquetball.) 

Life is toooooo short. I must dance! 

I do it between cable stretches and weight lifting. Today I use the strongest band that I can buy. I have broken a few, but I keep at it! I wear my wireless headphones so no one hears what I am spastic about. For a while (especially here in TN,) I was the only one in the gym with wireless headphones and people truly thought I marched to my own inward drummer. Now, the headphones are all the rage and everyone is be-bopping around. 

I tried to do my dancing/stretches in the boxing/crossfit room in our gym, away from all the daily regulars, but there are no mirrors in that room. I need the mirrors because I isolate different muscle groups with each round. I watch myself very carefully as to not hurt myself. Perhaps someday my routine will be so down pat that I can do it without. I carefully watch my back and core as well as isolating muscles. I was chair/bed bound for 10+ years.






Dance like EVERYONE is watching, and ask them to join. ~shell (I like my quote better that "like no one is watching." lol


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idea to Implementation-A Calling

How do you cope with brutality? Devastation, violation, destruction?