Lionhearts A place for all people. ALL

Ok, I neeeeeed to take one step forward at a time, to make it through the muck of hatred all around me.


I NEED to say one thing and one thing only AND THAT IS THIS WHOLE POST!

I am very busy with the reopening of our Non Profit Lionhearts Fitness.

A place for all people. ALL

If you have read our mission statement, you will see it’s a requirement.

All Youth, all abilities, all ages, all states, counties, financial/socioeconomics .

When I “Interviewed" our new church, we had a meeting with the pastoral staff . I brought my teens, who already had faced racism in the South. The first question we asked: What do you think of HATE?
They looked at me quizzically. I played the word association game. I loudly said ”Homosexual, Native American, Hispanic, Fat, Skinny, Muslim????” They gave me the best answer to date. “We have many members who have problems/issues when they hear those words, and we are working on it, with love and education."

BAM

In my quest to learn more, after a few years in the South, I saw how widespread, worldwide, it is,  in all of our children's life...not just the "South" not by far!!

I have no idea what it is like. Truly. I only know the tears of my children who have lived it, time and again, this all make me cry. Not because I could ever understand.

 

I personally am the type of person that deserved (past tense, thank you very much…) to be pulled over. Instead, I got away with being very out of line.

I come from a very white privileged community. WASPY from the word go. Our demons, in the home were just as frightening and even devastating…

 

BUT I NEVER lived with another color of skin.

 

I lived with rape, incest, gang rape and murder. So much death, dying and suicides left and right…

Yes. I have known HELL

 

BUT I NEVER had anything but white skin. I will never know that type of prejudice, racism, or hatred…

 

For that I cry….

 

I love you so much and I am so very powerless.

 

We deal with it often in our CURRENT waspy home.

 

Racial profiling is very real in my easy peasy life. We have raised and adopted many different children of many different races, many cultures and backgrounds....all belonging to the human race..

 

I feel it as a Mama but I can't even educate them from experience..only from love.

My youngest deals with it the most...everywhere..even church.

I need the community to teach me, to teach him, all of our 7 children….black, white, hispanic, native american..and that's just the Lucckettas...

I am sooooo ill equipped to help. Help me help .

 

SOLUTIONS

 

Deliberate actions

Deliberate results

You can plan the plans but not the results.

This weekend I kayaked 15 miles.

It was only a year ago that I wanted to try kayaking. My friend took me for a ride around the lake…I loved the kayak.. Then my husband buys me one of my own (2 actually,) for my 60th birthday..or was it Christmas?.anywhoo…

NEVER did I dream I would get my first Spartan Trifecta using a kayak, just one year later. 

One deliberate action towards the right things..

We need to pray deliberate prayers.

I was taking life, blow by blow,  thinking I deserved each one. I did not have any deliberate action, only reaction.

I started praying for a hedge of protection around me and around my family. I started praying, daily, for strength and wisdom and then I would continue throughout the day, deliberately.

Asking God, in my daily moments; “What the next right thing to do?”

I started living in those moments, remembering that I am in God's hands that he will not let me down and to put my fear away at his altar and live my best life.

I get distracted by the winds the crazy crazy winds of life. sometimes there is devastation and very frightening things besides me, just like Peter and his. “ Cast your eyes on me” saith the Lord.

So, now, I row one paddle at a time. I will get wherever he leads me, but certainly not always where I want to be.  

 

He leads me and I do the next right thing and the next right thing… but my deliberate action was NOT getting in the kayak… It wasn't even getting it out of the garage. It was praying before doing so and then following it up with trust and hope.

 Remembering to have deliberate prayer.

The Lord has a hedge protection around me my family my friends and our community.

 Lord help me absolute best me I can believe today.

Deliberate action every day.  Even when the winds are crazy and then I must rest and praise our Lord from the bottom of my heart.

Today,  I rest and praise.

 I am so sorry for the events of this world and how they are all affecting us. We must start with our hearts, our Spirit, our relationship with God, then our families and friends, then our community, THEN our world…or else it’s like a chaotic shook mobile REACTING on the winds from hell instead of deliberate actions of hope and love.

Pray with me, deliberately. 

Thank you ~shell






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Idea to Implementation-A Calling

How do you cope with brutality? Devastation, violation, destruction?